Where We Work
As well as our office-based advice services we operate within various city-wide settings including GP practices, council offices, hospitals, schools, Early Years Centers, mental health and addiction recovery hubs and community centers.
Projects & Locations
Our office is located at 28 Westfield Avenue, Edinburgh EH11 2QH.
Advice appointments are available from Monday to Friday. Book an appointment by phoning 0131 442 2100 (10am to 3pm).
We also provide advice and support in a range of outreach locations:
- Book through locality recovery hub workers
- Turning Point, Wednesday mornings
- EMORSS, 62 Broughton Street
- North-East Locality at The Whitehouse, 70 Niddrie Mains Road. To book, phone 0131 468 1934.
- South-West Locality, by phone. Phone CHAI for availability.
- South-East Locality, by phone. Phone CHAI for availability.
Welfare, housing, and money advice for families whose children are in hospital or attending as outpatients at Royal Hospital for Children and Young People (RHCYP).
Ask to be referred by hospital staff or social work or contact CHAI directly.
Our Advice In Schools Project offers advice to families with school age children at 16 schools across Edinburgh with some limited additional capacity citywide. To access this service, please contact your child’s school directly, call 0131 442 2100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are currently giving advice in the following schools:
- Canal View Primary School, Tuesday 9-12
- Castlebrae Community High School, Thursday 9-12
- Castleview Primary School, Tuesday 9-12
- Clovenstone Primary School, Thursday 9-12
- Craigintinny Primary School, Tuesday 9-12
- Craigour Park Primary School, Monday 9-12
- Craigroyston Primary School, Thursday 9-12
- Forthview Primary School, Wednesday 9-12
- Gracemount Primary School, Monday 9-1pm
- Leith Academy, Wednesday 11-2pm
- Leith Primary School, Thursday 9-1pm
- Niddrie Mill Primary School, Wednesday 9-12
- Pirniehall Primary School, Monday 10.15am – 1.15pm
- Sighthill Primary School, Wednesday 9-12
- Wester Hailes High School, Monday 9.45 – 12.45
Maximise! also has an Early Years Project for families with children at the following 10 Early Years centres:
Craigmillar, Fort, Granton, Greendykes, and Moffat (in North Edinburgh) and Calderglen, Hailesland, Gilmerton, Sighthill and Stenhouse (in South Edinburgh).
If you would like more info about this service, please speak to centre staff or use the contact details above.
If you have a young family and live in the South-East or North-West of Edinburgh, our Financial Capability Worker may be able to assist with income maximisation, housing and debt advice. Ask your Health Visitor for a referral to the Growing Families project.
Short-term tenancy support – only for tenants of Melville Housing Association.
Book through your housing officer.
Book appointments through CHAI on 0131 442 2100.